4th Grade Geometry Skills
Prior Standards Implementation
The standards listed below have been replaced by a newer set of standards.
Please go to Current 4th Grade Math Standards for current resources.
- Identify Geometric Shapes - Match the shape with the correct name to uncover a picture
- Cube - Find out which colors will be on opposite faces of a cube whose faces are shown unfolded.
- Flip, Slide, or Turn - six flash movies allow you to watch the path an object takes while it is being transformed
- Flips, Slides, and Turns - a manipulative which allows you to view the effect of applying reflection, translation, and rotation transformations
- Mathematical Movements (Flips, Slides and Turns) - [ designed for 3rd grade ] a 25 page lesson with printables
- Measuring Turns - what would shapes look like if rotated
- Slides, Flips, and Turns - lesson plan with links to four printables
- Spy Guys Interactive - Slides and Flips - Lesson 17
- Transformations - a Flash movie which demonstrates flips, slides, and turns
- Wrapping Paper Patterns - decide which figures would result from a flip, a slide, or a turn
- Anglemania - ( 3-5 ) describe triangles using appropriate geometric vocabulary
- Identify Shapes - two- and three-dimensional geometric figures are used
- Patterns for Solid Figures - Complete to make a cube figure
- Polygons and Non-Polygons - drag polygons into one bin and anything that is not a polygon into another bin
- Quad Squad - describe various quadrilaterals
- Solid Pattern Pieces - name the different faces of solid figures to make objects using a pattern
- Billy Bug - Guide Billy to the coordinates hiding the food. coordinates 0-10 | coordinates 0-5
- Graphing Skills - What's the point? find the point on the grid (choose Easy for Quadrant 1 problems)
- Grid Graph - identify and plot points on a grid
- Reading Grids - find Hurkle in an intersection of a grid
- Worksheet Generator coordinate plane worksheets - Print your own blank coordinate plane worksheets, you determine the number of grids on a sheet and whether the grids are numbered or not.
National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
Geometry (Grades 3-5)
Practice Tests Released Tests & Others
- FCAT Sample Test Book - [ 2008 ] sample questions and test taking tips
- FCAT Sample Answer Book - [ 2008 ] sample questions and test taking tips
- Fourth Grade Math - Read each question and choose the best answer. Then mark the circle next to the letter for the answer you have chosen. (from Texas)
- Texas end-of-year Math test 2004
TAAS Attack Daily Upkeeps
- Daily Upkeeps - Scroll down this page until you see " 4th Grade TAAS Attack Daily Upkeeps ." There are 15 practice activities to print (in .pdf format)
General Total Math Review
- Brain Teasers - critical thinking skills
- Math Olympics - Answer 20 multiple choice questions correctly to win the Math Olympics. Topics range from basic computation and general math knowledge to word problems with percentages, ratios, and fractions. Math Olympics provides excellent test prep practice for students in grades 4+.
- Money Review - Start on level two or three for counting money review
- Mrs. Renz's 4th grade math site - Many selections of concepts to review and practice.
- SOL Resources - posted by Virginia DOC
- Solve It! - Math Videos provide problem solving practice for students in grades 3 to 6. Each of the thirteen sets contain five multi step word problems with step by step video solutions. Concepts include basic operations, algebraic reasoning, money, fractions, percent, perimeter, area, proportional reasoning, and measurement.
- ThatQuiz is a math testing web site developed by Andrew Lyczak, a graduate student at the University of New Hampshire. The site offers free testing, grading and record keeping for teachers, with practice tests for students. This is a completely free, non-profit educational site.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print