Know and use appropriately the meaning, forms, and functions of the following six parts of speech: nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, and prepositions. 0401.1.1
Links verified on 9/22/2014
- Ants Picnic - a fun way to practice helping verb usage. Create this game for your students
- Be - verb usage online quiz; eight fill-in-the-blank questions
- Complete Verb Phrases - find the complete verb phrases in the sentence
- English Tenses: Grammar Exercises - index of a large number of fill-in-the-blank topics
- Grammar Gorillas - identify Parts of Speech - Beginner (nouns and verbs) Advanced ( all parts of speech)
- Grammar Blast - various online graded activities dealing with 4th grade grammar skills [2nd - 5th available]
- Helping and Linking Verbs - lesson plans - ideas for many lessons
- Identifying and Classifying Verbs in Context - lesson plan - lesson assists students in identifying and classifying three kinds of verbs - action verbs, state-of-being or linking verbs, and helping verbs
- Irregular Verbs - Jeopardy type game for two players
- Jelly Fish Game - Type the root, suffix and or prefix to fill the sea with Jellyfish.
- Learning About Verb Tenses - a worksheet to print for your students
- Linking Verbs - identify types of verbs in this online quiz
- Past, Present, or Future Tense - a Level 1 quiz from BBC
- Past, Present and Future - select from the options and create a worksheet to print
- Plural and Possessive Nouns - scroll to the bottom of this page to find a quiz on plural and possessive. [press the Restart button before beginning]
- Plural Girls - type the correct plural form of words
- Plural Play - In this two player tic-tac-toe game students drag words to their correct plural ending
- Power Proofreading - Choose 4th grade then select; The Big Cleanup, Memo to Dr. Pett, Wild About Animals, Who's That Character?, E-mail to Lou, Crazy Corn, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Tackling Tenses - a Soft Schools quiz
- To Be - present and past tense online quiz
- Verb Phrases - find the complete verb phrase
- Verb Power - Students identify underlined words as main verbs, helping verbs or contractions.
- Verb Tense: Past, Present or Future - a ten-question quiz
- Verb Tenses Interactive Grammar Game for ESL: Jeopardy Quiz Game - Practice different Verb Tenses (Present simple tense, present progressive, past simple, past progressive, present perfect, future tenses and more) using this ESL Jeopardy Quiz Game.
- Verb Tense Worksheet - an index of over 100 worksheets to print, in .pdf format
- Verb Tenses - select worksheets to print from this Spelling City index
- Verb Tenses - identify correct usage of verbs [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print