6th Grade Review Help for Mathematics
Links verified on 4/17/2013
To get review help on sixth grade mathematics, scroll down to the resource areas below. They offer great internet resources to aid in end of course standards review. You will find standardized practice tests, released standardized test to print, and grade specific math resources for review work for fifth grade students.
- Chapter Tests - Glencoe Math
- Houghton Mifflin Mathematics Test Prep Practice
- Self Check Quizzes - Glencoe Math
- Addition & Subtraction
- Place Value & Scientific Notation
- Multiplication & Division
- Fractions - Addition & Subtraction
- Fractions - Multiplication & Division
- Fractions - Convert to Mixed Numbers, Equivalent Fractions
- Fractions vs Decimals
- Decimals - Addition & Subtraction
- Decimals - Multiplication
- Decimals - Division
- Free Math Worksheets - not all of the topics are sixth grade level, but many are
- Free Pre-Algebra Worksheets - this software company wants to sell a product to you, but they provide a large number of free pre-algebra worksheets
- Teacher Tools - as large number of worksheet sources are available, not all of them math
- Worksheet Generator - This web site will allow you to create printable math worksheets from your browser. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, mixed problems, fractions, measurement, fractions, graphing, telling time, and a one-hundred chart)
General Math Review
- Geometry Goals: Apply Area Formulas - this 27 page MS Word document includes many geometric shapes
- Junior High Math Interactives - includes interactive math activities, print activities, learning strategies, and videos that illustrate how math is used in everyday life.
- Math Olympics - Answer 20 multiple choice questions correctly to win the Math Olympics. Topics range from basic computation and general math knowledge to word problems with percentages, ratios, and fractions.
- Math TV: Video Word Problems - [Grades 5+] Math TV is a project whose goal is to help middle school students learn how to solve challenging word problems. Each of the nineteen math problems comes with step by step video solution, follow up problems, an online calculator, and sketch pad.
- MathVids - a web site providing high quality, instructional, free math videos to middle school, high school, and college students who need math help
- Ms. Lindquist: The Tutor - A free, web-delivered, intelligent tutoring system for tutoring students in writing expressions for algebra word problems. This site is sponsored by NSF.
- Solve It! - Math Videos provide problem solving practice for students in grades 3 to 6. Each of the thirteen sets contain five multi step word problems with step by step video solutions. Concepts include basic operations, algebraic reasoning, money, fractions, percent, perimeter, area, proportional reasoning, and measurement.
Released Tests & Others
- FCAT Sample Test Book -  sample questions and test taking tips
- FCAT Sample Answer Book -  sample questions and test taking tips
- Sixth Grade Math - Read each question and choose the best answer. Then mark the circle next to the letter for the answer you have chosen. (from Texas) [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Texas end-of-year Math test 2004 [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print