4th Grade Review Help for Mathematics
Links verified on 4/17/2013
To get review help on fourth grade mathematics, scroll down to the resource areas below. They offer great internet resources to aid in end of course standards review. You will find standardized practice tests, released standardized test to print, and grade specific math resources for review work for fourth grade students.
- Daily Questions - to serve as a ten to fifteen minute (approximate) review of practice test items and critical thinking (234 pages) [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page. You might need to click on the word Impatient several times.]
TAAS Attack Daily Upkeeps
- Daily Upkeeps - Scroll down this page until you see "4th Grade TAAS Attack Daily Upkeeps." There are 15 practice activities to print (in .pdf format) [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Place Value & Rounding
- Mental Multiplication
- Multiply in Columns
- Mental Division
- Long Division
- Fractions to Decimals
- Roman Numerals
- Teacher Tools - a large number of worksheet sources are available, not all of them math
- Worksheet Generator - This web site will allow you to create printable math worksheets from your browser. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, mixed problems, fractions, measurement, fractions, graphing, telling time, and a one-hundred chart)
General Math Review
- Brain Teasers - critical thinking skills
- Math Olympics - Answer 20 multiple choice questions correctly to win the Math Olympics. Topics range from basic computation and general math knowledge to word problems with percentages, ratios, and fractions. Math Olympics provides excellent test prep practice for students in grades 4+.
- Math Teachers' Toolkit - Compilation of Flash resources to help students understand concepts.
- SOL Resources - archived released tests (math included) posted by Virginia DOE
- Solve It! - Math Videos provide problem solving practice for students in grades 3 to 6. Each of the thirteen sets contain five multi step word problems with step by step video solutions. Concepts include basic operations, algebraic reasoning, money, fractions, percent, perimeter, area, proportional reasoning, and measurement.
- ThatQuiz is a math testing web site developed by Andrew Lyczak, a graduate student at the University of New Hampshire. The site offers free testing, grading and record keeping for teachers, with practice tests for students. This is a completely free, non-profit educational site.
Released Tests & Others
- FCAT Sample Test Book -  sample questions and test taking tips
- FCAT Sample Answer Book -  sample questions and test taking tips
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print