8th Grade Review Help for Mathematics
Links verified on 10/20/2014
To get review help on eighth grade mathematics, scroll down to the resource areas below. They offer internet resources to aid in end of course standards review. You will find standardized practice tests, released standardized test to print, and grade specific math resources for review work for seventh grade students.
- Virginia State Standards of Learning - Select Math 8, and then select 10, 20, or 40 questions.
- Brainchild - twenty-four questions, followed by practice on any incorrect responses
- Intermediate Test Prep: Grade 8 Math
- Free Math Worksheets - not all of the topics are eighth grade level, but many are
- Free Pre-Algebra Worksheets - this software company wants to sell a product to you, but they provide a large number of free pre-algebra worksheets
- Teacher Tools - as large number of worksheet sources are available, not all of them math
- Worksheet Generator - This web site will allow you to create printable math worksheets from your browser. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, mixed problems, fractions, measurement, fractions, graphing, telling time, and a one-hundred chart)
Various Review Aids
- ACT Math Question of the Day - Use the calendar to select one of the following topics: Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Plane Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, and Trigonometry. Once the problem is on the screen, right click the problem for a step by step explanation.
- Geometry Jeopardy - Topics covered: Solids, Triangle, Angles, Lines and a Grab Bag category
- Jeopardy - Four categories; Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Angles, and Lines
- Junior High Math Interactives - includes interactive math activities, print activities, learning strategies, and videos that illustrate how math is used in everyday life.
- Illuminations - interactives for grades 6-8
- Math TV: Video Word Problems - [Grades 5+] Math TV is a project whose goal is to help middle school students learn how to solve challenging word problems. Each of the nineteen math problems comes with step by step video solution, follow up problems, an online calculator, and sketch pad.
- MathVids - a web site providing high quality, instructional, free math videos to middle school, high school, and college students who need math help
Released Tests & Others
- Eighth Grade Math - Read each question and choose the best answer. Then mark the circle next to the letter for the answer you have chosen. (from Texas)
- FCAT Sample Test Book -  sample questions and test taking tips
- FCAT Sample Answer Book -  sample questions and test taking tips
- Interactive Sample Tests - released sample items from the Illinois State Board of Education - [this test is located on the Internet Archive (Wayback Machine) and might be blocked by some state filters. Download a copy at home.]
- TAKS 2006 Test - four subjects - math on pages 5-29
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print