Use the prime factorization of two whole numbers to determine the greatest common factor and the least common multiple. 0506.2.2
Links verified on 9/14/2014
- Factoring Worksheets for Prime Factorization - Create an unlimited supply of free printable factoring worksheets here. The problem sheets are randomly generated so unique each time.
- Factor Trees, GCF, and LCM - Find the prime factorization of numbers by completing factor trees. Then use a Venn diagram to sort the prime factors. Multiply numbers in the intersection to find the greatest common factor. Multiply all of the numbers in the Venn diagram to find the least common multiple.
- Factorization Forest - a game in which students can practice their prime factorization skills.
- Finding Factors of a Number - [9:53] video lesson explaining the concept
- Interactive Factor Tree Game - Find all prime factors of a composite number with our Factor Tree. This interactive game requires Adobe Flash Player.
- Prime Factors - two part lesson plan; introducing the idea and developing the concept
- Prime Factoring - [game with 3 levels] Help Professor Super save the planet by cooking the Giant Frozen Rubber Turkeys of Destruction
- Prime Factorization - [4:09] video lesson explaining the concept
- Prime Factorization - Brain Pop video or quiz provided by Glencoe
- Prime Factorization - explanation of two ways to do the factorization with examples, followed by seven practice exercises to check student understanding
- Prime Factorization - explanation and examples; at the bottom of the page there are links to six practice questions to check student understanding
- Prime Factorization - interactive practice (multiple choice quiz)
- Prime Factorization Calculator - Enter whatever number you want and then choose which operation you want the prime factorization calculator to perform.
- Prime Factorization: Prime Numbers - enter a natural number to be factorized
- Prime Factorization Table - The table below shows the prime factors of all numbers between 2 and1000. Use this table to validate your work prime number factorization.
- Prime Factorization Tool - This tool will work out the prime factorization of a number. The number should be a positive whole number. It currently only works on numbers up to 2,147,483,647
- Recognizing Prime Numbers - [4:40] video lesson explaining the concept
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print