Preview text using text features (e.g., illustration, graphs, diagrams). 0401.6.7
Links verified on 10/28/2011
- Captions Help Tell the Story - look at three pictures and try to determine which caption fits best
- Chapter Headings Quiz - [designed for grade 3] online quiz
- Reading Comprehension and Considerate Text - article describes major features that characterize considerate text and ways that a teacher can encourage students to use them.
- Teach Text Features & Read the Selection - [scroll down, it's there] lesson plan with available handouts
- Teach Text Features and Read Nonfiction - this Scholastic lesson plan includes a link to a five day unit plan for introducing non fiction
- Text Features - explanation of what the term text features includes
- Text Features Quiz - multiple choice quiz
- Traveling Terrain: Comprehending Nonfiction Text on the Web - lesson plan; Identify text features within a web page format
- Using Graph and Charts
- Using a Table of Contents - a worksheet from Teach-nology
- Using Text Features - [6 pages] This document is designed to accompany a specific book, but contains a good chart to print which could be adapted for your class.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print