Identify the setting and conflict of a passage. SPI 0601.8.2
Links verified on 6/16/2010
- Analyzing setting of a story - Worksheet to use with a story.
- Battling for Freedom - "By examining two speeches by Chief Tecumseh of the Shawnee alongside Henry's speech, students develop a new respect for the Native Americans' politically effective and poetic use of language."
- Conflict - Learn about the different types of conflicts. .
- Conflict - Using a conflict theme to teach literature and life skills
- Conflict Dissection - use this chart to identify different types of conflicts
- "The Diary of Anne Frank" - Students will learn how diversity creates bias which leads to conflict, where students confront their bias and practice tolerance
- Fiction, Setting the Story - learn how authors manipulate time and space, mood, and spatial order in descriptions of settings
- Interactive Plot Creator - Scroll to the middle of the page. Press the buttons for a setting, a character and a conflict, then write using this interactive writing prompt.
- Reading Journals - Journals have students express in writing their own personal interests and insights and build on the skills they already intuitively posses
- Reading passages - TAKS test for 6th grade. On-line test that is self checked.
- Reading Passage - Handout with passages and questions.
- Setting Plot and Theme - lesson and quiz
- The Short Story: Read to Write-Setting - lesson and activities [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Story Map - The Story Map interactive is designed to assist students in pre-writing and post-reading activities by focusing on the key elements of character, setting, conflict, and resolution. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Story Stew - Lesson plan to introduce story elements.
- Walk Two Moons: An Integrated Unit - integrated study combining setting, theme, point of view, character, and plot with geography and geometry
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print