Use previously learned strategies to comprehend informational texts (e.g., formulating questions before, during, and after reading; visualize, predict, identify the writer's purpose). 0801.8.1
Links verified on 5/3/2010
- Inflation in Russia - read and answer questions [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Looking for the Fine Print - students read advertisements to practice reading critically
- Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure - Challenge your students by letting them practice using a reading comprehension test designed for prospective teachers. (This site recommends that you use a printed copy of the page)
- Read a Contract - and answer questions [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Reading for a Purpose - brief site addressing the purposes for reading.
- Reading Comprehension - free reading comprehension worksheets for teachers and parents - includes original stories, poems, essays, and articles
- Reading Comprehension stories - Interactive quizzes online for 5 stories - Each text is followed by a grammar exercise and summary writing exercise.
- Reading Comprehension Quiz - ten-question multiple-choice quiz
- Reading Exercises - Comprehension, Fill in and Sequencing
- Alabama 2007: Grade Eight Reading - [62 page booklet] a mix of multiple-choice and essay response questions, answers are provided
- Eighth Grade Practice Reading Test - Two stories to read, eight questions to answer for each story. This online test could be printed.
- Eighth Grade Reading - Read the introduction and the passage that follows. Then read each question and mark the circle next to the correct answer. [this test released by Texas]
- FCAT 8th Grade Reading - 45 questions about 7 reading passages - Test book with answers
- Grade Eight English/Language Arts - The reading portion of this test comprises 32 of the 114 multiple-choice questions - the exam was released by California in 2008
- MCT2 Grade Eight Language Arts [Reading and Writing] - [Mississippi: 2009] 80 questions || answer key |-| MCT2 for 2008 - 80 questions || answer key
- Virginia SOL Grade 8 Reading Test - Spring 2008 - 45 questions with answers || Spring 2007 - 45 questions with answers
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print