Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Use previously learned strategies to comprehend informational texts (e.g., formulating questions before, during, and after reading; visualize, predict, identify the writer's purpose). 0801.8.1
Links verified on 9/17/2014
in Russia - read and answer questions [This expired page is from the
Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
for the Fine Print - students read advertisements to practice reading
Tests for Educator Licensure - Challenge your students by letting them
practice using a reading comprehension test designed for prospective teachers.
(This site recommends that you use a printed copy of the
a Contract - and answer questions [This expired page is from the Internet
Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
Comprehension - free reading comprehension worksheets for teachers and
parents - includes original stories, poems, essays, and articles
Comprehension stories - Interactive quizzes online for 5 stories - Each
text is followed by a grammar exercise and summary writing exercise.
Comprehension Quiz - ten-question multiple-choice quiz
Exercises - Comprehension, Fill in and Sequencing
- Alabama 2007: Grade Eight Reading - [62 page booklet] a mix
of multiple-choice and essay response questions, answers are provided
- Eighth Grade Practice Reading Test - Two stories to read, eight questions to answer for each story. This online test could be printed.
Grade Reading - Read the introduction and the passage that follows.
Then read each question and mark the circle next to the correct answer.
[this test released by Texas]
- FCAT 8th Grade Reading - 45 questions about 7 reading passages
- Test book with answers
- Grade Eight English/Language Arts - The reading portion of this test comprises 32 of the 114 multiple-choice questions - the exam was released by California in 2008
Grade Eight Language Arts [Reading and Writing] - [Mississippi: 2009]
80 questions || answer
- Virginia SOL Grade 8 Reading Test - Spring 2008 - 45 questions with answers || Spring 2007 - 45 questions with answers
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
207235180 US 1 desktop