Begin to distinguish between first and third person points of view. 0501.8.8
Links verified on 12/6/2013
- Author's Purpose and Point of View - [22 slides] explanation and review
- Author's Purpose and Point of View - Pre Test - ten multiple choice questions [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Author's Purpose and Point of View - Post Test - ten multiple choice questions [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Characters and Point of View - The point of view (how you choose to tell your story) determines the voice of your writing.
- Critical Literacy: Point of View - lesson plan helps students look at the author's purpose and viewpoint, and also recognize gaps in the text - Extension activities include debating a fairy tale using different character viewpoints.
- Exploring Point of View - explanation of the four main points of view used in fiction writing
- Maintaining Point of View - Lesson and practice
- Maintaining Point of View Quiz - multiple-choice quiz
- "The Negro Speaks of Rivers" - by Langston Hughes - gain understanding on interpreting author's viewpoint, figurative language, historical perspective, cultural perspective
- Point of View - definition of point of view
- Point of View and Why it is important - 7 page document by Ian Bone -
- Point of View Exercise - use this as a class activity
- Point of View - Third Person - lesson plan
- Point of View: The Story's Voice - [12 slides] somewhat advanced presentation
- Point of View - Two Heads Aren't Always Better Than One - suggestions regarding choosing a point of view for your writing
- Purpose and Point of View - Choose the correct answer for each question. self checking.
- Teaching Point of View With Two Bad Ants - analyze the illustrations and text, and compare and contrast points of view
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print