Participate in the creation of graphic organizers (KWL charts, diagrams). 0101.8.5
Links verified 9/30/2010
- Character Trading Cards - This tool provides a fun and useful way to explore a character in a book or as a prewriting exercise when creating characters for original stories. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Circle Plot Diagram - The tool can be used as a pre-writing graphic organizer for students writing original stories with a circular plot structure (e.g., If You Take a Mouse to School), as well as a post-reading organizer used to explore the text structures in a book. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Essay Map - The Essay Map is an interactive graphic organizer that enables students to organize and outline their ideas for an informational, definitional, or descriptive essay. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Follow the Clues - a graphic organizer to help your students make predictions about a story (K-2 and 3-5 activities included)
- Graphic Organizer Links - links to a large number of graphic organizers provided by Vermilion Parish School Board in Abbeville, LA - Second page of links from the same school system
- Graphic Organizers - from Enchanted Learning
- Graphic Organizers from Education Place
- Holt Interactive Graphic Organizers - Three dozen different templates are available at this site. Click on a graphic organizer to download a PDF of it. Once you've downloaded an organizer, type your comments and print it.
- Index of Graphic Organizers - from Inspiration
- Instructions on how to use Excel to create a graphic organizer
- Interactive Graphic Organizers Sampler - This series of thinking tools covers a range of activities. These tools let you actively construct, examine, and modify your ideas. Currently seven of the planned seventeen thinking tools are available; look for the titles in green on the left.
- Kinds of Concept Maps - examples of four major categories of concept maps [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Notetaker from Read/Write/Think - Useful for a wide variety of reading and writing activities, this outlining tool allows students to organize up to five levels of information. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Read/Write/Think Webbing Tool - The Webbing Tool provides a free-form graphic organizer for activities that ask students to pursue hypertextual thinking and writing. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Story Board - a graphic organizer to help your students make predictions about a story (K-2 and 3-5 activities included)
- Story Map - The Story Map interactive is designed to assist students in pre-writing and post-reading activities by focusing on the key elements of character, setting, conflict, and resolution. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Story Starters - Here's a quick writing activity to try every day. First generate a creative story starter. Pick a format: notebook, letter, newspaper, or postcard. Four levels are available: pick 2nd
- Text 2 Mind Map - a web application that converts texts to mind maps - Enter a structured list of words or sentences and Text2Mind Map will interpret it and make a mind map out of them that you can print.
- Tips on Making Your Own Concept Maps - [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Venn Diagram, 2 Circles - This interactive tool allows students to create Venn Diagrams that contain two overlapping circles, enabling them to organize their information logically. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print