7th Grade - Solving Linear Inequalities
Understand that when solving linear inequalities, multiplication or division by a negative reverses the inequality symbol. 0706.3.14
Links verified on 6/11/2014
- Graphing a Linear Inequality - a seven slide PowerPoint show
- Graphing Linear Inequalities - explanation from Purple Math (much easier than your book makes it look)
- Intermediate Algebra Tutorial: Linear Inequalities - explanation, examples, suggested strategies and practice exercises
- Linear Equations in one Variable - Quia game quiz which asks students to solve one- and two-step linear equations and simple algebraic proportions as they work toward winning $1,000,000.
- Linear Equation Problem Solver - practice problems, several options available: five levels; two, three, or four variables - students enter data, click on the "push here" button and receive a message in a box to the right.
- Linear Equations Review - Study the Examples provided to see the strategies used to solve various 1 and 2 step linear equations. The Algebra Tiles Practice activity will create the question, show the intermediate step(s), provide the answer to the equation and show how to verify the answer
- Solving Linear Equations - explanation provided by Study Guides and Strategies
- Solving Multi-Step Linear Equations - this two page explanation from Purple Math includes a large number of examples
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.