Identify the line of symmetry in a two-dimensional design or shape SPI 0306.4.3
Links verified on 12/26/2014
- Ask Hannah - describe symmetry in two-dimensional shapes
- Finding Lines of Symmetry - examples, links to interactive activity, and links to handouts for students to use as homework - lesson plan from NCTM
- Identify lines of symmetry - You Tube video; explanation of identification of lines of symmetry.
- Lines of Symmetry of Plane Shapes - Simple explaination of how to identify lines of symmetry.
- Line Symmetry - animated lesson on symmetry
- Line Symmetry - explanations and worksheets to use with Smartboards or print off for class discussions.
- Line Symmetry - examples followed by two problems for students to try, solutions given
- Line Symmetry - this is a PowerPoint show with many good examples
- Line Symmetry in Polygons - Video that discusses how to identify lines of symmetry.
- Line Symmetry Worksheets - Draw the part of the shape that is mising on these worksheets. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the worksheets. Worksheets come with answers.
- Lines of Symmetry - drag the shapes that have lines of symmetry into one bin and those that do not into the other bin
- Reflection Symmetry - several examples of this type of line symmetry
- Symmetry - worksheet, draw a line of symmetry on each shape - 10 shapes on the page
- Symmetry - worksheet; tell whether the dotted line on the shape is a line of symmetry.
- Symmetry Activity - practice making patterns that have symmetry
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print