Compare and contrast basic structures and functions of plant and animal cells SPI 0507.1.2
Links verified 11/2/2010
- Animal and Plant Cells - first select Similarities and then select Differences from the index on the left at this page.
- Cell Structure and Function Quiz - fifteen multiple choice questions [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Cells: The Unit of Life - a 20 question multiple choice quiz
- Inside a Cell - select each part of the cell to see its function
- - Teaching idea! - Have your students prepare a Venn diagram comparing and contrasting plant and animal cells. Teachnology has an online Venn diagram generator.
- Comparing plant and animal cells - Teachnology has a worksheet to print to help your students get ready for the activity above
- Comparison of Plant and Animal Cells - illustrations with hyperlinked labels
- Eukaroytic Cell Interactive Animation - plant cell or animal cell interactive presentation
- Inside a Cell - [plant or animal] click on an organelle to explore that cell part
- Mixed Up Cells - identify and explain the differences and similarities between plant and animal organelles
- Quiz on Cell Parts - instructions included for a paper and pencil quiz
- Review cell structure and function (plant and animal) [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print