Identify the correct use of verbs (i.e., action/linking, regular/irregular, agreement, tenses) within context. SPI 0501.1.2
Links verified on 1/14/2012
- Be - verb usage online quiz
- Complete Verb Phrases - find the complete verb phrases in the sentence
- Helping and Linking Verbs - lesson plans - ideas for many lessons
- Helping and Main Verbs - online lesson, then quiz following lesson [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Identifying and Classifying Verbs in Context - lesson plan; lesson assists students in identifying and classifying three kinds of verbs—action verbs, state-of-being or linking verbs, and helping verbs
- Irregular Verbs - Jeopardy type game for two players
- Linking Verbs - identify types of verbs in this online quiz
- Linking Verbs - identify types of verbs in this quiz
- Irregular verbs - 6 exercises in the practice of this skill, interactive with handouts.
- Linking Verbs Quiz - beware of the many ads
- Power Proofreading - [Verbs] Choose 5th grade then select; Luke's Music Talk, Hillary's Hilarious Comedy Hour, Memo to Stump Humphrey Staff, Evening Weather Report, Olivia and Tutu, or any one of the mixed practice exercises.
- Subject-verb Agreement - 6 exercises in the practice of this skill, interactive with handouts.
- To Be - present and past tense online quiz
- Verb Phrases - find the complete verb phrase
- Verb Power - Students identify underlined words as main verbs, helping verbs or contractions.
- Verb Tenses - identify correct usage of verbs
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print