Identify simple multi-meaning words based on the appropriate meaning for the context. 0201.1.9
Links verified on 2/23/2010
- Context Clues - Select a passage to read and answer the questions online. Graded online
- Homographs (multiple meaning words) - Two definitions are given for the same word. You have to guess which word is being described. (a Quia quiz)
- Homophone game - match the words that sound the same, but are spelled differently and have different meanings
- Multiple Meaning Words - Use context clues to determine meaning depending upon how they are used in a sentence. [click on a red dot]
- Spelling City Homophones - Use these word lists to practice selecting the correct word in sentence content.
- Fairy Tale Homophone practice - correctly write each sentence, substituting the proper homophones.
- Spelling City - Homonyms, homophones and homographs can bring confusion to even adults and teachers.Use this guide for definitions of each group.
- Using Context Clues Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Using Context Clues - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of using context clues. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.