Spell three and four letter short and long vowel words, using basic CVC and CVVC patterns. 0101.1.9
Links verified on 9/30/2010
- C-V-C Words
- Activity sheets (c-v-c words) find the missing letter; n, g, d, m, p, a, e, i, o, and u
- Chicken Stacker - try to stack five hens by clicking on words with the featured vowel in them
- Drag and Drop - Read the CVC word, then drag the picture that matches the word in the box.
- Magic Pencil - see, and hear, animation of c-v-c words using the following; n, g, d, m, p, a, e, i, o, and u
- Pounce on the Word that Matches the Sound - Students hear a word and click on the CVC word they sound out that matches the word that was said.
- Put it on the Shelf - Sound out CVC words and match with correct picture.
- Short Vowel Take Home Cards - Print these out for your students! Great practice for homework or school work!
- Vowel Sound Drag - Drag a vowel sound to complete the word. Upper Primary Level spelling activity.
- Whirlyword Machine - a 'fruit machine' that makes 3 letter CVC words (3 levels of play)
- Spelling - Click on the misspelled word and then fix it. For different words and spelling activities, check here
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print