Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Spell three and four letter short and long vowel words, using basic CVC and CVVC patterns. 0101.1.9
Links verified on 1/1/2015
- C-V-C Words
- Activity sheets (c-v-c words) find the missing letter; n, g, d, m, p, a, e, i, o, and u
- More Activity sheets (c-v-c words) practice the following; n, g, d, m, p, a, e, i, o, and u
- Chicken Stacker - try to stack five hens by clicking on words with the featured vowel in them
- Drag and Drop - Read the CVC word, then drag the picture that matches the word in the box.
- Magic Pencil - see, and hear, animation of c-v-c words using the following; n, g, d, m, p, a, e, i, o, and u
- Pounce on the Word that Matches the Sound - Students hear a word and click on the CVC word they sound out that matches the word that was said.
- Put it on the Shelf - Sound out CVC words and match with correct picture.
- Short Vowel Take Home Cards - Print these out for your students! Great practice for homework or school work!
- Vowel Sound Drag - Drag a vowel sound to complete the word. Upper Primary Level spelling activity.
- Whirlyword Machine - a 'fruit machine' that makes 3 letter CVC words (3 levels of play)
- Spelling - Click on the misspelled word and then fix it. For different words and spelling activities, check here
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
210095552 US 1 desktop