Recognize and use text features to comprehend informational texts (e.g., time lines, graphs, charts, maps, illustrations). 0201.6.4
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Captions Help Tell the Story - look at three pictures and try to determine which caption fits best
- Chapter Headings - lesson online with exercises for practice
- Chapter Headings Quiz - online quiz
- Customize your own timeline - This free service is offered by OurTimeLines.com. They request that webmasters not link to the timeline generator. Therefore you must go to the bottom of their page where you see the phrase, Ready to check it out? Just... Click!
- Make your own Timeline, thanks to Teachnology - (scroll down past the membership information) Their generator can be used to make time lines of up to 9 events of your choice. Select either a horizontal or vertical timeline.
- Making Predictions - Use the illustrations to predict text.
- Parts of a Book - online quiz
- Reading Illustrations - lesson plan
- Title of a Book - lesson online with exercises for practice
- Using an Index for Information - a worksheet from Teach-nology
- Using an Index - lesson online with exercises for practice
- Using Graph and Charts
- Using Table of Contents - a worksheet from Teach-nology
- What's My Job? - Select the right job to go along with the sentence.