Define citizenship and responsibility. 1.4.3 a
Links verified 7/16/2013
- Citizenship - This unit is intended to be used with first grade students, to teach their roles and responsibilities as citizens of the United States (based on Indiana Standards).
- I am Responsible - This 1st grade unit focuses on being responsible for one's own actions and for obligations to others, particularly to the members of the classroom and school community.
- 5 Themes of Citizenship - Activities that help develop students' understanding of the 5 good citizenship themes (honesty, compassion, respect, responsibility, and courage).
- Teaching Citizenship to 1st Graders - Ideas on teaching first graders about the responsibilities of citizenship by incorporating them in daily classroom activities.
- What is a Good Citizen? - A unit on teaching good citizenship.
- Being a Responsible Citizen - A lesson plan to teach 1st graders what it means to be a responsible citizen..
- Good Citizenship - Activities for exploring the five themes of being a good citizen
- The Six Pillars of Character - Classroom and discussion activities.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print