Judge the reasonableness of the results of rational number estimates and/or computations. SPI 0606.1.2
Links verified on 4/10/2012
- Long Division Teaching Aid: Double Division - Teaching Double Division can help in teaching long division by reinforcing the principles of division and giving students success with a less frustrating alternative.
- Numbers and Operations Jeopardy - [designed for grade 7] jeopardy game to review operations with rational numbers and important facts about absolute value
- Rounding - Discover how rounding is a process which produces another number that is close to the original number. Learn how to round numbers up or down to the nearest rounding number. Work through the lesson, experiment with the interactive figure and then answer ten questions. [caution: do not submit until you have selected answers to all of the questions] and
- Using Rational Numbers - explanation including several short video explanations, at the bottom of the page there are eight questions to use to check for understanding
- Working with Rational Numbers - four sample problems are followed by 27 student problems, answers are given on page 2
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print