Illustrate properties of operations by showing that two expressions are equivalent in a given context (e.g., using an area model for distributive property, and grouping/set models for commutative and associative properties). 0606.1.5
Links verified on 7/2/2014
- Apply the distributive property: using area models - In this lesson you will learn how to apply the distributive property by using area models.
- Area Models for Multiplication and Division - an Annenberg lesson plan from their Learning Math series
- Basic Number Properties: Associative, Commutative, and Distributive - explanation from Purple Math
- Commutativity - the ability to change the order of something without changing the end result [Wikipedia]
- Distributive Property - short animation that loops
- Distributive Property - examples of this topic
- Distributive Property - five slide PowerPoint show which uses animation very effectively
- Model the Distributive Property - examples of this property.
- Number Properties - from Online Math Learning
- Use the distributive property to simplify numerical and variable expressions - an eleven slide PowerPoint show which use animation effectively to teach the concept
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print