5th Grade - Division Problems
Solve problems involving the division of two- and three-digit whole numbers by one- and two-digit whole numbers. SPI 0506.2.4
Links verified on 9/14/2014
- Can You Dig It? - division review game
- Color Your Vacation - Practice your division facts while you dream of your summer vacation fun!
- Delightful Division Games - over four dozen games to help you master division facts
- Dividing Hundreds - explanation, practice and a quiz from AAA Math
- Divide a 4 Digit by a 2 Digit number - explanation, practice and a quiz from AAA Math
- Division Drills - created by Mr. Nussbaum
- Division Games - five of Mr. Nussbaum's games can be set to division
- Division Facts with Remainders - Practice solving division problems mentally. There are several chances to answer each problem before a new problem is given
- Division with a Remainder - explanation and practice exercises from AAA Math
- Division Without a Remainder - explanation, examples, practice and a quiz designed as a game
- Draggable Division - large and small numbers that can be dragged anywhere on the screen, the option for students to correct incorrect answers, new paper types, and much more
- Farm Freak Out - practice division and help Peter get all of the animals back into their pens
- Index of Division Practice Pages - from AAA Math
- Interpret Remainders - explanation and an example
- Interpret Remainders: Practice - eight question quiz
- Long Division Calculator with Remainders - This calculator divides two whole integers, a dividend and a divisor, and expresses the answer as a whole number quotient, along with a whole number remainder.
- Long Division Teaching Aid: Double Division - Teaching Double Division can help in teaching long division by reinforcing the principles of division and giving students success with a less frustrating alternative.
- Long Division With Remainders - explanation followed by links to six questions to check for student understanding s
- Multiplication and Division in Real-World Contexts - Students must recognize four common situations in which we use multiplication or division. They are listed below with examples. Multiplication and division are taught together so that students can see that one operation is the reverse of the other.
- One and Two Digit Division with Remainders - quiz to practice basic division
- Real-World Math - an index of lesson plans from Teach Net
- Remainders - The activity allows students to choose a divisor and then select numbers in one of the columns.
- Remainders: A Little Left Over - explanation and examples
- Single Digit Division with Remainders - quiz to practice basic division
- Sum Sense (Division) - Students practice single digit division by dragging numbers to complete the sentence.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.