Choose a logical word to complete an analogy using synonyms and antonyms. SPI 0401.5.4
Links verified on 10/27/2011
- Analogy Challenge - Try to complete the analogies in a race against time.
- Analogy Lesson from Diana Dell
- Analogy PowerPoint Show template - you make modifications to use with your students
- Analogy Quiz which requires students to type the word to complete the analogy
- Analogy quiz 1 - at Quia posted by Diana Dell
- Analogy quiz 2 - at Quia posted by Diana Dell
- Awesome Analogies - for one or two players - posted at Quia
- Ball Hog - select grade 4 and then be ready to jump on words that are synonyms of the given word
- Fact Monster - Analogy of the Day
- Field Trip - Take a school field trip by unscrambling the synonyms.
- Flash Analogy Set - Mr. Anker's analogy practice quiz
- Practice with Antonyms - The exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Be sure to have a dictionary handy!
- Practice with Synonyms - The exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Be sure to have a dictionary handy!
- Puzz.com has a quiz with 152 analogies - pick one or two a day and practice this valuable skill
- Synonyms, Antonyms, and Homonyms - Read each pair of words; write S, A, or H beside the pairs
- Synonym Challenge - identify the correct synonyms in a race against time
- Synonym Matching - Find pairs or words with same meaning
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print