7th Grade - Compare and Order
Efficiently compare and order rational numbers and roots of perfect squares/cubes; determine their approximate locations on a number line. 0706.2.9
Links verified on 6/10/2014
Rational Numbers on a Number Line - a 1 page document from Glencoe Publishers; with explanation, examples, and practice problems
Rational Numbers on a Number Line - a 13 page document with examples and sample problems [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
Review Rules for Working with Rational Numbers - two interactive sections are provided, look for the blue blocks [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
Visualizing Numbers on an Interactive Number Line - instructions for using this activity are included
- Adding and Subtracting Integers - use the number line for adding and subtracting integers
- Adding and Subtracting Negative Numbers - explanation from Purple Math
- Addition and Subtractiion on a Number Line - index of video lessons on the topic
- Basic Addition - [7:43] multiple visual ways to represent addition (including using the number line)
- Comparing Exponential Expressions - select, <, >, or =
- Comparing Integers - Comparing integers with absolute values - instruction and review, practice, and a quiz and
- Comparing two numbers on a number line from Web Math. Learn how to compare two numbers using a number line. Type each number into the boxes provided, then click "Show Me!"
- Comparing Values - Create your own math facts worksheets for comparing values. Problems can include calculations using positive and negative numbers, and two-digit decimal values.
- Hopping Backward on the Number Line - in this lesson, students generate differences using a number line model
- How Do You Add Integers Using a Number Line - tutorial from Virtual Nerd
- How to Add and Subtract on the Number Line - from Basic Math and Pre-Algebra For Dummies
- Integers and Number Lines - lesson including links to two practice activities
- Greater, Less Than, or the Same - Compare these decimals - instruction and review, practice, and a quiz and
- Line Jumper - Click on the number line at the correct answer.
- Number Line Bounce - Instructions on how to play are included at the top of the window.
- Number Line: Comparing and Ordering Integers - practice with an Interactive Adventure with Deep Sea Carl - Carl is diving in the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia. These waters are shark infested. Keep Carl safe by determining how many feet below sea level Jaws Daddy is.
- Rational Numbers on a Number Line - [designed for 6th grade]
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.