Use different voice levels and speech patterns in formal and informal situations. 0501.2.8
Links verified on 1/20/2012
- 15 Strategies for Giving Oral Presentations - suggestions from the Professor's Guide
- Delivering a Persuasive Speech - Lesson plan, tips and tricks; how they say something and how they physically present themselves are just as important as what they say. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Delivering your talk - things to consider when delivering an oral presentation [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Giving an Oral Presentation - one very important suggestion found on this page is "Talk to your audience, don't read to them!"
- How to Give a Bad Talk - the ten commandments of giving a bad oral presentation presented in biblical style (Thou shalt not ...)
- How to Give a Successful Oral Presentation - [13 page document] Use suggestions from this document in planning for lessons which help your students meet this standard.
- How to Give an Oral Report - speaking and listening skills
- Oral Presentation - Making a good oral presentation is an art that involves attention to the needs of your audience
- Oral Presentation Rubric - use this to help evaluate presentation skills
- Oral Presentation Skills : Body language - using body language in a presentation
- Practical Hints For Giving An Oral Presentation - suggestions to employ for an oral presentation
- Vote for Me! Developing, Writing, and Evaluating Persuasive Speeches - teaches students the characteristics of effective persuasive speech writing and oral argument.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print