Give multi-step directions. 0501.2.3
Links verified on 1/16/2012
- Bathing a Patient: Listening For Information - [Skillwise worksheet] Listen to instructions on how to bathe a patient and answer questions to show you’ve understood.
- Can You Follow Directions? - fun worksheet to print and use as classroom activity. [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Checking Instructions - [Skillwise worksheet] Practice your listening skills by thinking of questions to ask if you’ve misheard a speaker.
- How Well Do You Follow Directions? - Fun worksheet to print or read orally to students.
- Following oral directions - online computer activity, students will need pencil and paper.
- Listen and follow directions - print the worksheet, then let students click on each step and follow the directions given orally.
- Listening to instructions - [Skillwise factsheet] How to improve your listening skills - including observing gestures and expressions.
- Listening to Instructions and Making Links - [Skillwise factsheet] How to follow instructions - face to face and in a group - and make links between words and phrases.
- Listening to Safety Instructions - [Skillwise worksheet] Listen to safety instructions and identify the speaker, situation and audience.
- Make me a Copy Please - Lesson plan; the need to be articulate and precise when explain steps to another student.
- Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters - lesson plan; learn how to play Mankala, then write directions to teach others
- Tinker Toys Project - lesson plan - After creating a 3D object, the group works together to write the directions
- Which Direction Should I go? - lesson plan - practice using directions in their community and on maps, and conclude by creating a treasure hunt for other students to take.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print