Identify characters, setting, and plot in a passage. SPI 0401.8.2
Links verified on 12/02/2013
- Story Character Outline - read story then fill out this organizational chart.
- Character Trading Cards - Fill out the information about a character in a story and create trading cards.
- Character Writing - Select a character to write about and create your own story online
- Interactive Outlining Tool - use this to practice outlining skills
- Problem-Solution Flow Chart - print and fill in the information about your story
- Setting Plot or Theme - [designed for grade 3] online Quiz
- Settings - online lesson and practice quiz
- Story Clock - worksheet to help your students as they evaluate the beginning, middle, and end of a story
- Story Elements - Interactive explanation of story elements. Click on each element, or listen to the story for discussion.
- Story Map with Polar Express - Students will analyze the structure and elements of a story by noting the setting, characters, problem, events and resolution
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print