Create and interpret box-and-whisker plots and stem-and-leaf plots. 0706.5.1
Links verified on 1/15/2010
- Box Plot - explanation from the Engineering Statistics Handbook
- Box Plot - comparing the average height of singers
- Box Plot - interactive, tips for the instructor available
- Box Plot - Investigate how box plots display the range and distribution of data along a number line and learn how to construct these graphs. Work through the lesson, experiment with the interactive figure and then answer ten questions [caution: do not submit until you have selected answers to all of the questions] and
- Box and Whisker Plots - this explanation includes a remark about outliers [This expired page is brought to you by the Internet archive, the Wayback Machine.]
- Box and Whisker Plot - use your TI-83+ graphing calculator with box and whisker plots
- A lesson designed to introduce students to stem-and-leaf plots - this lesson plan includes a link to a three page worksheet to print
- An overview of stem-and-leaf plot - a display that organizes data to show its shape and distribution [This expired page is brought to you by the Internet archive, the Wayback Machine.]
- An Overview of Mean, Median, and Mode - this lesson plan includes a link to a three page worksheet to print
- Let the Games Begin - Olympic Trials in Data Analysis - [Note - This 29 page document is from the Internet Archive provided by the Wayback Machine. Many school filters block the archive so you might want to print this at home.]
- Long Distance Airplanes - a stem-and-leaf plot lesson from Iluminations (rated 3rd-5th grade, but quite useful)
- Make a Stem-and-Leaf plot of the data you enter into the text area (ignore the warning about Internet Explorer, it works fine).
- Organizing Data in a Stem and Leaf Plot - a lesson plan from Annenberg CPB
- Making a Stem and Leaf Plot - An excellent interactive assignment can be found at the bottom of this page .
- Ordering a Stem and Leaf Plot - An excellent interactive assignment can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Grouping by Fives - An excellent interactive assignment can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Overview of a Stem-and-leaf plot by Nicole Carroll followed by a practice quiz
- Stem-and-Leaf Plots - Their Construction and Use - an overview followed by several suggested assignments
- Stem and Leaf Plotter - an interactive applet that allow students to input data
- Stem-and-Leaf plots - from Purple Math
- Worksheet to accompany a "Stem-and-Leaf Plots" Lesson