Write and solve two-step linear equations corresponding to given situations (non-negative numbers only). 0606.3.1
Links verified on 7/9/2014
- Algebraic Reasoning Using Weighing Scales - Learn how to think algebraically with these clever weighing scales. Levels 1 and 2 contain two scales. Level 3 is more difficult and has three scales. Your goal is to determine the weight of one or more of the objects.
- How to Solve Two-Step Linear Equations in Algebra - simple video lesson [1:35]
- Linear Equations - [7:27] video explanation of equations of the form AX = B
- Linear Equations - [6:05] video explanation of equations of the form AX + B = C
- Linear Equations in one Variable - Quia game quiz which asks students to solve one- and two-step linear equations and simple algebraic proportions as they work toward winning $1,000,000.
- Solving Linear Equations - explanation provided by Study Guides and Strategies
- Solving Multi-Step Linear Equations - this two page explanation from Purple Math includes a large number of examples
- Symbols of Inclusion - simplify each expression and choose the correct comparison symbol
- Translate Sentences into Equations
- Translating Word Problems - lesson with links to practice types of word problems
- Verbal Reasoning - Challenges students to clearly understand a problem and think through the solution!
- Word Problem Practice - Problems in addition, subtraction and more
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print