Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Links verified 5/20/2014
Typing Resources - below
Business Card Lesson Plan
- Create your own business card in this lesson.
- Business Card Lesson Plans - use desktop publishing to teach any subject
Computer Literacy 101
- Jan Smith's Computer Basics
Computer Science Career Guide
- explore careers in Computer Science
Computer Skills Practice Hotlist
- Practice your computer skills testing with these numerous links [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Create Your Own Business Card - from the desktop publishing division of About.com
Desktop Publishing Task
- two lesson plans plus eight tasks [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
Design and Technology
- Bitesize information that students need to understand in dealing with design and technology. Many topic areas
Ergonomics Guidelines for Computer use by Children
History of Typewriters - The Classic Typewriter Page
- Learn how the typewriter was developed!
Keyboarding lesson plans
- by Tonya Skinner
- Computers and Technology
- Computers - from Teach-nology
- "Use of technologies in different careers, girls and tech, understanding of how the Internet works, and how to help others using technology. There are
sections in Packetville for teachers, students, parents, and club advisors"
Practice Materials for the NC Test of Computer Skills
- Quia Tests
- Professional, Technical Writing - These Online Writing Lab (OWL) resources will help you conduct research and compose documents for the workplace, such as memoranda and business letters. This section also includes resources for writing report and scientific abstracts.
Technology advice for the novice -
If you are complete novice to technology or you wish to find out more about a certain aspect of technology, this site will provide you with advice or provide you with curiosity so you will want to explore a technology subject in more depth.
- Alfa Typing - 60 typing lessons in English, designed in collaboration with professional teacher
- Dance Mat Typing - Fun way to learn to type by BBC
- Easy Typing Games from Aunt Lee - Each picture is a link to an easy typing game, but there are no annotations on what to expect at the site where
the link takes you.
- Free Keyboarding Resources - links to beginner, intermediate, and advanced resources (13 in each section)
- Free Typing Game.Net - high quality, fun and interactive free touch typing games, free touch typing lessons, and free touch typing tests
- Fun to Type - typing games for kids
- Harder Typing Games from Aunt Lee - Just like the game list above, each picture is a link to an easy typing game, but there are no annotations on what
to expect at the site where the link takes you.
- How Fast Can You Type? - Test your typing skills and speed with the online typing test tool at Typing Arena
- Typing Games at Typing Arena - learn all speed typing tricks and have fun doing it
- Keyboard Challenge - Click and drag letters to their correct places. Only the letters in the right spots will stay! Choose the keyboard design you like and then click on it to begin
- Keyboarding Games - learning typing if the focus of these games
- Krazy Keyboarding for Kids - Practice your typing here.
- Learn Touch Typing - a web application that will help you teach touch typing; typing without using the sense of sight to find the keys
- Online Typing Test from Speed Typing - How fast can you type? Looking for an easy and free way to test typing speed online? Well, Speed Typing says you've come to the right place.
- Online Typing Tutor Lessons - Ever wonder how people learn to type so fast? Touch typing is a skill that uses muscle memory developed only through practice. Speed Typing Online makes practicing easy and fun - all for free.
- Peter's Online Typing Course - a set of free online typing lessons and typing exercises for beginning typists, and frustrated hunt-and-peckers who want to move from four-finger typing to full-blown touch typing
- Power Typing - free online typing lessons for Qwerty or Dvorak keyboards plus typing games to practice typing
- Sense-Lang - more than one way to practice touch typing
- SlimeKids - Game-style typing games.
- Test Your Typing On-line - Now you can test your typing skills quickly and easily within your web browser with Typing Master's On.line Typing Test. Based on the short text typing sample given during the test, this Java(TM) applet will estimate your typing skills including typing speed, accuracy and net speed. You can also receive test results directly to your Email address.
- Touch Typing - Free Program that lets you exercise and learn Touch Typing. (from senselang.com)
- Type Online - copy practice with words, they also offer a free online touch typing course in five lessons
- Typing - Learn2Type - lessons and quizzes [registration is required, but it is free]
- Typing with Al Bunny - Test online, or download this typing game.
- Typing - Mr Kent's Typing Test
- Typing - practice online; links for free online typing sites.
- Typing Chef - a game from Sense-Lang
- Typing Games Treasure - improve your keyboarding skills with typing games
- Typing Tutor - practice keyboarding skills
- Typing - Keyboard Exercises - exercises for beginning typists
- Typing Web - a free online typing tutor & keyboarding tutorial for typists of all skill levels which includes entertaining typing games, typing tests, and free official typing certification
- Typing with Katie - For primary students - Level K
- Typing with Burton - For primary students - Level 1
- Typing with Booker - For primary students - Level 2
- Typing with Carmen - For primary students - Level 3
- Typing with Dwayne - For primary students - Level 4
- Typing with Yasim - For primary students - Level 5
Word Processing Lessons
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
213922773 US 1 desktop