Links verified 3/24/2012
Typing Resources - below
- Business Card Lesson Plan - Create your own business card in this step-by-step lesson.
- Computer Literacy 101 - Jan Smith's Computer Basics
- Computer Science Career Guide - explore careers in Computer Science
- Computer Skills Practice Hotlist - Practice your computer skills testing with these numerous links
- Desktop Publishing Task - two lesson plans plus eight tasks
- Design and Technology - Bitesize information that students need to understand in dealing with design and technology. Many topic areas
- Ergonomics Guidelines for Computer use by Children -
- History of Typewriters - The Classic Typewriter Page - Learn how the typewriter was developed!
- Keyboarding lesson plans - by Tonya Skinner
- Lesson Plans - Computers and Technology
- Lesson Plans - Computers - from Teach-nology
- Packetville - "Use of technologies in different careers, girls and tech, understanding of how the Internet works, and how to help others using technology. There are
sections in Packetville for teachers, students, parents, and club advisors"
- Practice Materials for the NC Test of Computer Skills - Quia Tests
- Professional, Technical Writing - These Online Writing Lab (OWL) resources will help you conduct research and compose documents for the workplace, such as memoranda and business letters. This section also includes resources for writing report and scientific abstracts.
- Technology advice for the novice - If you are complete novice to technology or you wish to find out more about a certain aspect of technology, this site will provide you with advice or provide you with curiosity so you will want to explore a technology subject in more depth.
- Typing Resources
- Dance Mat Typing - Fun way to learn to type by BBC
- Easy Typing Games from Aunt Lee - Each picture is a link to an easy typing game, but there are no annotations on what to expect at the site where
the link takes you.
- Harder Typing Games from Aunt Lee - Just like the game list above, each picture is a link to an easy typing game, but there are no annotations on what
to expect at the site where the link takes you.
- Keyboard Challenge - Click and drag letters to their correct places. Only the letters in the right spots will stay! Choose the keyboard design you like and then click on it to begin
- Krazy Keyboarding for Kids - Practice your typing here.
- Online Typing Test from Speed Typing - How fast can you type? Looking for an easy and free way to test typing speed online? Well, Speed Typing says you've come to the right place.
- Online Typing Tutor Lessons - Ever wonder how people learn to type so fast? Touch typing is a skill that uses muscle memory developed only through practice. Speed Typing Online makes practicing easy and fun - all for free.
- SlimeKids - Game-style typing games.
- Test Your Typing On-line - Now you can test your typing skills quickly and easily within your web browser with Typing Master's On.line Typing Test. Based on the short text typing sample given during the test, this Java(TM) applet will estimate your typing skills including typing speed, accuracy and net speed. You can also receive test results directly to your Email address.
- Touch Typing - Free Program that lets you exercise and learn Touch Typing. (from senselang.com)
- Type Online - a free online touch typing course in five lessons
- Typing - Learn2Type - lessons and quizzes [ registration is required, but it is free ]
- Typing with Al Bunny - Test online, or download this typing game.
- Typing - Mr Kent's Typing Test
- Typing - Computer circus Thinkquest on learning to type
- Typing - practice online; links for free online typing sites.
- Typing - Nimble Fingers
- Typing - Bubbles - type the letters before the bubbles pop
- Typing Tutor - practice keyboarding skills
- Typing - Keyboard Exercises - exercises for beginning typists
- Typing Practice - online free keyboarding practice
- Typing with Katie - For primary students - Level K
- Typing with Burton - For primary students - Level 1
- Typing with Booker - For primary students - Level 2
- Typing with Carmen - For primary students - Level 3
- Typing with Dwayne - For primary students - Level 4
- Typing with Yasim - For primary students - Level 5
- Word Processing Lessons
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print