General Career Technical Resources
Links verified 10/17/2012
- ABCs of Life skills - Articles to help students in the work world.
- Build your own house! - Design your own house plan and take a 3-D look at your results!
- Career Education News and Updates - posted by the Division of Career Education, Missouri DOE
- Careers - Interest Surveys, Internships, Career Information and more
- Careers - index site for searching for career resources
- Career Assessment Test - This test may be used as an aid in determining your "career personality."
- Career and College Planning Resources - links for students and guidance counselors including resources to self assessments, career planning, career development and college planning
- Career and Tech Resources - Links to sites in most career and tech subject areas.
- Career Games - "Self-Assessment: (the past) your skills, interests, and personality traits; Targeting: (your future) the field and title you want to occupy; Techniques: (the present) the methods you use to get and exploit job opportunities"
- Career Guide to Industries - The Career Guide to Industries provides information on available careers by industry, including the nature of the industry,
working conditions, employment, occupations in the industry, training and advancement, earnings and benefits, employment outlook, and lists of
organizations that can provide additional information.
- Career Resource Page - Numerous links to various types of jobs.
- California Career Zone - Registration is required, but it is free.
- Career- Skill Search - Match your skills with jobs.The Skills Search function is designed to help you use your skill set to identify occupations for exploration
- Job Skills Checklist - large skills inventory list that you can use to help build your resume and cover letter
- School to Career - A window into the professional world
- Start Something - Free program from Target and Tiger Woods; helps kids from 8 to 17 find and achieve their dreams
- Transferable Work Skills Inventory - Many skills from coursework, extracurricular activities and your total life experiences can be turned into work skills.
- What Do You Like? - Find a job that plays up your likes. Do you like math? reading? Find jobs that go along with your strengths.
- Work Preference Inventory - Take this quick inventory; the column in which you scored highest represents your preferred work style
- VARK - a guide to learning styles; "a questionnaire that provides users with a profile of their learning preferences. These preferences are about the ways that they want to take-in and give-out information"
- Career Counselor Resources
- Career Development and Guidance - Worksheets, Handouts and Workbooks
- Career Preparation Curriculum - "students will explore a variety of career options, identify their interests and abilities, and ultimately make informed decisions regarding post secondary training and/or educational programs that are necessary to fulfill their career goals"
- Dictionary Of Occupational Titles - complete Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT) as supplied electronically by the US Dept. of Labor
- Entrepreneurs in the Classroom: M.Y.O.B. Spells Success - article and curriculum
- How to Choose a Major for College - "The more information you have about yourself, majors and careers, the easier it is to choose a major"
- My First Resume - Practice filling out this kid-friendly resume
- Online Career Assessment Tools - Select the ones that are free from a big list of assessment tools.
- Test of Workplace Skills -practice three Essential Skills needed in all types of occupations:
- Vocational Education Lesson Plans - from Education World
- Driver's Education
- California Drivers Handbook - 96 page .pdf document [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Driver's Ed - Traffic Signs
- Driver's Ed - How Parents can help their teens become safe drivers
- How to Drive a Stick-Shift Car - thirteen video lessons
- Learn to Drive a Car with a Manual Transmission - answers to frequently asked questions
- Massachusetts Manual - driving manual - chapters are in .pdf format
- Oregon Manuals - index to several drivers manuals; bicycle, motorcycle and automobile - manuals are in .pdf format
- Online Study Guide for Student Drivers - studying for your drivers license test or researching traffic law and rules of the road
- Economics - Located on our Business Education page
- Factory Tours - Factory tours on the web.If you are curious as to how things are made, visit here!
- Free online Industrial Training Skills Assessment Tool - Users of this Industrial Online Assessment Tool can create their own tests, or take tests created by others. Category examples are risk, quality, safety, mechanical, electrical, maintenance, engineering assessments and more.
- How things are made - If you've ever wondered how things are made - products like candy, cars, airplanes, or bottles - or if you've been interested in manufacturing processes, like forging, casting, or injection molding, then you've come to the right place.
- Industrial Tool Safety - promote safety training
- Index to Vocational Index Center - Links to numerous career choices in every area.
- O'NET Online - Occupational Online Network - Find jobs related to your personal skills.
- Time Management Planning - learn tools to manage your time more effectively
- Vocational Educational Resources - find almost anything you need in this valuable resource
- Vocational Information Center - Explore vocational and technical careers, check out the skills employers really want, find a trade school, research technical
topics and take a look at the current job market within the Vocational Information Center.
- Web sites for Vocational/Technical Education - all areas
- The Work Ethic Site - Lesson plans and activities to help students understand work ethics.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print