CCSS.Math.Content.6.EE.A.1 - Write and evaluate numerical expressions involving whole-number exponents.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.6.EE.A.1 Write And Evaluate Numerical Expressions Involving Whole-number... Expressions and Equations - 6th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 07/12/2016)
- Balancing Equations - Spy Guys Interactive Lesson 11
- Interactive Algebra Tiles - Use this to model an equation or to solve an equation
- Late Delivery - Find the value of expression written on each door to deliver the mail
- Math Quiz Game: Jeopardy style - Jeopardy style PowerPoint review game
- Order of Operations and Evaluating Expressions - Practice from Regents Prep
- Practice problems in solving an equation with variables on both sides - Ten practice problems, answers are checked
- Represent Functions - Seven slide PowerPoint show illustrating various representations; using models, tables, graphs, and equations effective use of animation
- Solving an Equation - Practice at manipulating expressions and finding the value of variables
- Teacher Dodgeball - Re-arrange the numbers and operational signs to form a correct equation in the time given. If you are correct, you will hit the teacher with the dodgeball and move on to a more challenging round. Defeat all five teachers and earn your dodgeball champion certificate.
- Weigh the Wangdoodles - Your job is to find the weight of each Wangdoodle using the information provided by the scales. To be successful, you will have to make sure that the weight you assign to each Wangdoodle works on each scale. This activity is a fun but challenging introduction to multiple algebraic equations.
- Writing Equations - Sentences to translate into equations