CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.1 - Verify experimentally the properties of rotations, reflections, and translations:
CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.1.a - Lines are taken to lines, and line segments to line segments of the same length.
CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.1.b - Angles are taken to angles of the same measure.
CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.1.c - Parallel lines are taken to parallel lines.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.8.G.A.1 Verify Experimentally The Properties Of Rotations, Reflections, And Translations: Geometry - 8th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 07/12/2016)
- Flip, Slide, or Turn - Six flash movies allow you to watch the path an object takes while it is being transformed
- Mathematical Movements (Flips, Slides and Turns) - A 25 page lesson with printables
- Measuring Turns - What would shapes look like if rotated
- Sam's Similar Shapes - Students learn about shapes that are different sizes but the same shape.
- Spy Guys Interactive - Slides and Flips - Lesson 17
- Transformations - How to identify, describe, perform, and analyze transformations involving translations, reflections, and rotations
- Transformations and Symmetry - Many good examples on this Math Art Connections page includes a student project assignment at the end
- Wrapping Paper Patterns - Decide which figures would result from a flip, a slide, or a turn