CCSS.Math.Content.1.NBT.B.2 - Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number represent amounts of tens and ones. Understand the following as special cases:
CCSS.Math.Content.1.NBT.B.2.a - 10 can be thought of as a bundle of ten ones -- called a "ten."
CCSS.Math.Content.1.NBT.B.2.b - The numbers from 11 to 19 are composed of a ten and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
CCSS.Math.Content.1.NBT.B.2.c - The numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 refer to one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine tens (and 0 ones).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.1.NBT.B.2 Understand That The Two Digits Of A Two-digit Number Represent... Number and Operations in Base Ten - 1st Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 08/22/2014)
- I4C - Write the number of tens and ones - These worksheets support the following Common Core State Standard: CCSS.Math.Content.1.NBT.B.2. There are 100 worksheets available on this topic. A master answer key is available.
- Arrow Cards - Pick your tens number card, then pick a ones card, then guess the number. Click on the red button to see if you are correct.
- Base Ten - Online game; move the visual representations to equal the given number.
- Bowling - Use the ball to knock down the pins to create a visual. Click on the number that shows the visual number of objects.
- Clip Art for Base Ten - Use these visuals on your IWB; just copy and paste them anywhere.
- Dinosaur Place Value - Online game: Click on the eggs that represent the value. 10's and ones.
- Partitioning numbers - Select the correct number shown by the visual representation.
- Place the Penguins - Online game; Place the penguins in the tens and ones column to make up the numeral.
- Place Value - Worksheet; write the number and number name of the representation of objects.
- Place Value to Tens - Worksheet; Count the objects, then write the number of tens, ones, the number and the number word.
- Place Values 10s and Ones - Good whole class activity or IWB; Count the objects and decide how many tens and ones; then write the numeral.
- Shark Numbers - Online game; count the tens and the ones, then click on the correct bubble.
- Shark Pool Place Value - Count the objects on the surf board, then select the number represented.
- Splat Squares - Use this interactive 100 board as a whole class activity to create learning patterns.
- Ten Sweets Per Pack - Video, visual explanation of this concept.
- Tens and Ones - Enter the 2 digit number described by the graphics.
- Tens and Ones - How many tens and ones are represented by the objects?
- Tens and Ones- up to 30 - Online quiz; count the dots, then type in the tens and ones.
- Worksheets to print. Online option as well. - Worksheet generator; select your own parameters.