CCSS.Math.Content.1.G.A.3 - Partition circles and rectangles into two and four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, fourths, and quarters, and use the phrases half of, fourth of, and quarter of. Describe the whole as two of, or four of the shares. Understand for these examples that decomposing into more equal shares creates smaller shares.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.1.G.A.3 Partition Circles And Rectangles Into Two And Four... Geometry - 1st Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 05/13/2016)
- Fabulous Fractions - Learn the concept of equal parts as related to fractions.
- Flowering Fractions - Understand common fractions by using model representations.
- Fourths - What fraction of the rectangles are blue? Read the green section to review, scroll to the blue section for a practice game.
- Fraction Flag - Design a flag using halves or quarters. Divide the rectangle flag into parts.
- Fraction Fourths - What Fraction of the square is Blue?
- Fraction Frenzy - Choose a level and select timed or untimed mode. Use the arrow keys to identify which picture of pizza represents a given fraction. The faster you go, the more points you can get.
- Fraction Models - This tool, an interactive applet, explores several representations for fractions using adjustable numerators and denominators. You can see decimal and percent equivalents, as well as a model that represents the fraction are available for upper grades.
- Jelly Golf - Play 9 holes of fraction fun! Cick, hold and drag the club to match the fraction your caddy has given you. Press the swing button to swing.
- Paint a fraction - Use this online game to paint parts of the whole and make fractions. Click on a sqare to paint it. Good for whole class activity and IWB.
- Shaded Fractions - Online quiz, ten questions, click the correct answer to match the shaded portions of a variety of shapes.
- Shape Lab - Help the Doctor finish his invention by handing him the correct shapes.