CCSS.Math.Content.5.MD.B.2 - Make a line plot to display a data set of measurements in fractions of a unit (1/2, 1/4, 1/8). Use operations on fractions for this grade to solve problems involving information presented in line plots. For example, given different measurements of liquid in identical beakers, find the amount of liquid each beaker would contain if the total amount in all the beakers were redistributed equally.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.5.MD.B.2 Make A Line Plot To Display A Data Set... Measurement and Data - 5th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 07/25/2017)
- Create Line Plots - Practice making a line plot
- Frogs in Flight - How to construct and interpret line plots
- How to Make Number Line Plot - Grade 5 lesson plan
- Interpret Line Plots - Multiple choice quiz
- Interpret Line Plots - Designed for a lower level, this activity is useful in practicing this standard
- Line Plot - Definition and examples
- Line Plot Lesson Plan - Excellent lesson with interactives and engaging activities for students.
- Line Plots - Instructions on how to create a line plot
- Line Plots - Step by Step instructions on making a line plot including a ten question quiz
- Line Plots and Stem and Leaf Plots - Math Planet lesson including a video
- Making a Line Plot - Flash video explanation
- Using Line Plots - Lesson which includes an interactive component
- Worksheet: Making a Line Plot - Worksheet: Use this worksheet to answer the questions while learning how to make and use a line plot. The line plot shows the scores students received on a science test. Use the data on the graph to answer the questions.