CCSS.Math.Content.8.F.A.2 - Compare properties of two functions each represented in a different way (algebraically, graphically, numerically in tables, or by verbal descriptions). For example, given a linear function represented by a table of values and a linear function represented by an algebraic expression, determine which function has the greater rate of change.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.8.F.A.2 Compare Properties Of Two Functions Each Represented... Functions - 8th Grade Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 07/25/2017)
- Linear Equation Solver - You type the equation. The equation solver will solve it for you with an explanation of how the problem was done.
- Linear Equation Solver - From Algebra.com
- Linear Equation Solver - A pop-up window allows users to specify the number of equations
- Linear Equation Solvers - Practice Linear Equations! Improves your test scores!
- Positive Linear Function Machine - This activity allows the user to explore simple linear functions; the function is determined by looking for patterns in the outputs.
- Rags to Riches Game - A fun practice for 1-step, 2-step and multi-step equations. The game is similar in nature to "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire"
- Rate of Change Practice Problems - Nine practice problems (including a graph to interpret) followed by an answer key
- Rate of Change: Connecting Slope to Real Life - A lesson on using slope to find the rate of change accompanied by graphs and explanations
- Solving Linear Equations - Explanation provided by Study Guides and Strategies
- The Linear Equations Solver Applet - This java applet solves linear equations of two unknown variables.
- Word problems that lead to simple linear equations - To be solved, a word problem must be translated into the language of mathematics