October 6: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- 1876 - The American Library Association was founded.
- 1927 - Opening of The Jazz Singer, the first prominent talking movie.
- 1945 - Baseball: Billy Sianis and his pet billy goat are ejected from Wrigley Field during Game 4 of the 1945 World Series (Curse of Billy the Goat).
- 1995 - 51 Pegasi is discovered to be the first major star apart from the Sun to have a planet (and extrasolar planet) orbiting around it.
- 2007 - Jason Lewis completes the first human-powered circumnavigation of the globe.
- Famous Birthdays: Martin Behaim (German navigator and geographer), John Broadwood (Scottish founder of the piano manufacturer Broadwood and Sons), Le Corbusier (Swiss architect), Joseph Finder (American novelist), John Caius( English physician)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.