October 30: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- 1864 - Helena, Montana is founded after four prospectors discover gold at "Last Chance Gulch".
- 1925 - John Logie Baird creates Britain's first television transmitter.
- 1929 - The Stuttgart Cable Car is constructed in Stuttgart, Germany.
- 1945 - Jackie Robinson of the Kansas City Monarchs signs a contract for the Brooklyn Dodgers to break the baseball color barrier.
- 1973 - The Bosporus Bridge in Istanbul, Turkey is completed, connecting the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosporus for the first time.
- Famous Birthdays: John Adams (second President of the United States), Dickinson W. Richards (American physician, Nobel laureate), Daniel Nathans (American microbiologist, Nobel laureate), Sol Tax (American anthropologist), Theodor W. Hänsch (German physicist, Nobel laureate)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.