November 16: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- 1907 - Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory join to form Oklahoma, that is admitted as the 46th U.S. state.
- 1914 - The Federal Reserve Bank of the United States officially opens.
- 1973 - Skylab program: NASA launches Skylab 4 with a crew of three astronauts from Cape Canaveral, Florida for an 84-day mission.
- 1973 - U.S. President Richard Nixon signs the Trans-Alaska Pipeline Authorization Act into law, authorizing the construction of the Alaska Pipeline.
- 1992 - The Hoxne Hoard is discovered by metal detectorist Eric Lawes in Hoxne, Suffolk.
- Famous Birthdays: Tiberius (Roman emperor), George S. Kaufman (American playwright), Jean le Rond d'Alembert (French mathematician), Jules Violle (French physicist), Jean Chardin (French explorer)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.