June 9: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- In 1790, the first American book is copyrighted; John Barry - "Philadelphia Spelling Book."
- In 1822, Charles Graham received the first patent for false teeth, even though his were not the first false teeth to be used.
- In 1934, Donald Duck made his 1st screen appearance in "The Wise Little Hen."
- In 1965, Frenchman Michel Jazy broke the record by running the mile in 3 minutes, 53.6 seconds.
- In 1989, "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier," premieres in USA, the least successful film in the Star Trek franchise.
- Famous Birthdays: Johann G Galle, German astronomer; Cole Porter, composer/lyricist; Patricia Cornwell, American author; Tom Rouen, NFL punter; Michael J Fox, actor.
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.