January 25: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- 1881 - Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell form the Oriental Telephone Company.
- 1890 - Nellie Bly completes her round-the-world journey in 72 days.
- 1924 - The 1924 Winter Olympics opens in Chamonix, in the French Alps, inaugurating theWinter Olympic Games.
- 1961 - In Washington, D.C. John F. Kennedy delivers the first live presidential television news conference.
- 2004 - Opportunity rover (MER-B) lands on surface of Mars.
- Famous Birthdays: Joseph-Louis Lagrange (Italian-French mathematician and astronomer), Virginia Woolf (English author and critic), Ilya Prigogine (Russian chemist, Nobel Prize laureate), Arvid Carlsson (Swedish scientist, Nobel Prize laureate), Paul Nurse (English geneticist and biologist, Nobel Prize Laureate)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.