December 11: What Happened on This Day in History (Elementary Level)?
(Page last edited 10/12/2017)
- 1789 - The University of North Carolina is chartered by the North Carolina General Assembly.
- 1816 - Indiana becomes the 19th U.S. state.
- 1946 - The United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is established.
- 1972 - Apollo 17 becomes the sixth and last Apollo mission to land on theMoon.
- 1997 - The Kyoto Protocol opens for signature.
- Famous Birthdays: George Mason (American politician), Kamehameha V of Hawaii, Robert Koch (German physician, Nobel Prize laureate), Annie Jump Cannon (American astronomer), Fiorello La Guardia (American politician, 99th Mayor of New York City)
For famous birthdays and other daily events in history, visit our Daily Dose Activities.