Advanced Word Topics
If you have a question about using Word in your classroom please send email to Internet4Classrooms. Our email addresses can be found below.
Links verified on 12/1/10
- Using Mail Merge - This module explains how to use Word and Excel to write a form letter so each of your students can get their own version of the letter.
- Using Mail Merge - [Word 2002 and Excel 2002] This module explains how to use Word and Excel to write a form letter so each of your students can get their own version of the letter.
- Using PrintScreen and Paint to Create an Image to Paste into Word - This page explains how to use the Print Screen key and MS Paint to capture an image and get it ready to put into a document.
- Create a Word Document and Turn it Into a PowerPoint Show - Learn how to format a Word document so that it can be turned into a PowerPoint show.
- Creating Hyperlinks in Word - Use this module to learn how to make a hyperlink to a place on a document, to another document on your computer, or to an Internet page.
- Using MS Equation to Write Mathematical or Scientific Equations - Have you ever typed a test and left blank spaces so you can go back and draw math symbols? If so, this page will tell you how to type those symbols using MS Equation which is a part of Word.
- Superscript Numbering to Practice TCAP Format - Use the instructions on this page to create your own reading passages with superscript numbering like your students will see on the TCAP.
- Using the Thesaurus in Office 2003 - There is a quick way to display possible replacement words for a word you are typing. This module explains how to use the Thesaurus more quickly than you may have been using it.
- Determine Reading Level of a Passage - Learn how to quickly determine the reading level of passage using instructions found in this module.