Links verified 3/23/2019
- Air masses and Fronts - a Quia self-check
- Climate Kids: NASA's Eyes on the Earth - Get our planet's health report, find out about the greenhouse effect and learn how you can help our planet.
- Clouds - graphics, illustrations, and information are provided royalty-free for non-profit educational use by Carl Wozniak
- All Things Cloud - KidsKonnect links to clouds, precipitation, cloud formations, and all things weather.
- Cloud Types - definitions and pictures of cloud types
- The Disaster Area - from FEMA for Kids
- How to read a Weather Map - The weather map is a chart showing the current climate while allowing us to predict future weather trends
- Ocean City Temperatures Compared to Valley City Temperatures - answer questions about your observations
- Playtime for Kids from the National Weather Service
- The Weather Game - see how much you know about weather
- Weather Quiz from Quia [grade 3]
- Weather and Adaptations from Quia [grade 3]
- Weather and Clouds Millionaire Game - a Quia quiz
- Weather Instruments and Clouds Matching Game - a Quia quiz
- Weather Wiz Kids - a web site especially for kids to allow them to learn more about the fascinating world of weather
- Web Weather for Kids - learn what makes weather wet and wild, do cool activities, and become hot at forecasting the weather
- Wind - [Caution: this map works best in Chrome] This real-time map shows wind flowing over the United States. Rest your cursor over any spot to see the wind speed and the GPS location of the site. This beautiful map looks artistic!
- Earth Science Standards Resources - K | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | TN has no 8th grade earth science standards
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print