Links verified 3/23/2019
- 4-H Children's Garden Tour
- Backyard Plants - great collection of resources
- Biology of Plants - Plants are alive, just like people and animals! Learn about them here!
- Biomes of the World - from Missouri Botanical Garden; Desert | Grasslands | Rainforest | Taiga | Temperate | Tundra
- Biomes - Rainforest for Kids - many links with information about the rain forest.
- Changing Color - Find out how leaves change color!
- Dig In - school garden success stories from Parents magazine online
- Elementary School Garden - a garden of learning
- Elementary School Gardens - simple guidelines and suggestions to help make a gardening project manageable and rewarding
- Flower Anatomy - the parts of a flower
- Fun Botanical Science Fair Projects - Check out some fun and easy projects you can do with plants. grades 3 and up
- Fun Facts about Fungi - Read about giant puffballs, truffles, fungal "shotguns," and "fairy rings," and try your hand at the mushroom hunt, the picture slide game, and a mold-growing experiment.
- Fun Project Ideas - some great ideas for fun activities to do with plants
- The Great Plant Escape - Detective LePlant needs your help to solve the mystery of plant life! Designed for grades 4 and 5.
- Kid's Valley Garden - how to grow flowers, vegetables, herbs, and other plants
- Microorganisms - interactive BBC site, instructions can be read to the students by the site
- Nutrition in the Garden - a fun way to teach children about nutrition: through gardening.
- Plant Life Cycles - this BBC site allows students to interact with the lesson
- Plant Parts - Match the drawing with the name and build a salad
- Plant Parts - Each part of a plant has a very important function
- Plant Parts - What plants need to grow
- Plants and our Environment - ThinkQuest winner
- Plants for Kids - lots of links
- Plants of Hawaii - A collection of 6000+ copyright-free high-resolution images
- Save Trees - Asian longhorned beetle threatens to change landscapes. Once trees are infested, there is no cure. There is something you can do to help. Download communication tools to raise awareness about the beetle
- School Gardens - farm to school
- School Gardens - integrating horticulture into the elementary school curriculum
- Starting a School Garden - a step-by-step guide
- Using Anatomy and Habitat to Identify a Tree - to help students with identifying a tree and the types of common tree species that exist in the United States
- Youth Resources - Farming and Agriculture activities and games.
- Why Do Plants Have Flowers? - Flowers are the tools that plants use to make their seeds.[
- Why Gardening is Great for Children - Here are eleven very good reasons why gardening is great for your children.
- More plant information can be found on the Biology page of Internet4Classrooms.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print