Magnets for Elementary Science
Links verified 3/24/2019
- Alnico Magnets - an in depth look
- Cool Experiments with Magnets from Magnet Man - magnetism and the cool experiments you can do with permanent magnets and electro-magnets
- Electricity and Magnetism - [designed for grades 3-5] Students will compare, describe, explain, interpret, and design magnets. They will also analyze, examine and describe the relationship between magnetism and electricity.
- Electricity and Magnetism - [designed for grades 6-8] an overview of electromagnetism - Students will construct an electromagnet at the end of the lesson
- Electricity and Magnetism WebQuest - an assignment listed in Mr. Z's blog for his science class (posted: 2007)
- Fun Magnet Facts for Kids - Use their magnet facts to start learning how magnets work.
- Magnetism and Electricity (Unit 13b) - a WebQuest designed for 4th grade students
- Magnetism Electricity WebQuest - posted by the San Juan Unified School District
- Magnetism for Kids - information organized by age grouping; ages 8-11, 11-14, and 14-16
- Magnets - Learn about the technical details of various types of magnets; characteristics, a magnetic glossary, electromagnets and more!
More magnetism information can be found on the Physics
page of Internet4Classrooms.
- Physical Science Standards Resources - K | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.