General Science for Elementary Classes
Link added on 2/28/2019
- Activities from the Exploratorium are featured in two Exploratorium-at-home books. However, this great museum does not force you to buy the book to try the activities. More than forty neat science activities for children (of all ages) can be found here.
- Archaeology: Clues from the Past - from the American Museum of Natural History - they have an index to seven other elementary science pages
- Atoms and Molecules - a Quia review game
- Atoms, Molecules, Mixtures and Compounds - a Quia review game
- Black Hole Gang - Explore the site to learn about the science adventures of Matt, Wei Ling, Rosa, A.J., and Newton.
- The Body
- Bacterial Invasion - Infect your host with the Flu or Strep Throat by answering questions about the human body.
- Diagram of the Digestive System - Printable Blank Outline Diagram of The Digestive System
- Diagram of the Respiratory System - Printable Blackline Diagram of The Respiratory System
- Diagram of the Circulatory System - Printable Worksheet of The Circulatory System
- Diagram of the Human Skeleton - Printable Blank Outline Diagram of the Human Skeleton
- Diagram of the Eye - Practice Worksheet : Parts of the Eye
- Learn About the Human Body Systems - a list of links sponsored by a patient assistance site
- How Do Your Lungs Work? - Build a model of your lungs
- Human Respiratory System - information about each part of the system plus links for further information
- Human Skeletal System - good information accompanied by some great images
- Project Heart - Watch, Listen, Play and Learn; activities for the classroom. For primary and intermediate students.
- Skeletal System Game - Learn the Bones! - click and drag the names of major bones to the appropriate box.
- Tour of the Human Body - how the body works - from Kids Health
- Your Body - Crossword puzzle
- The Case of the Mystery Matter - a 3rd grade physical science WebQuest
- Chemistry Quizzes - found at Chem4Kids
- Cool Science for Curious Kids - The Howard Hughes Medical Institute invites curious kids to explore biology.
- Dinosaur Information Sheets - from ZoomDinosaurs.com
- Dinosaur pages on a more elementary level can be found at ZoomDinosaur.com
- Ecology -
- Adventures in Waste and Recycling - Web-based Lesson
- Ecological Games for Smart Kids - action games, puzzle games, trivia and other fun games which all are focused on ecology, the environment and the future of our planet
- Ecology - World's Shortest Comprehensive Recycling Guide - [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.]
- Ecosystem Flashcards - Quia Game
- Ecosystem Matching game - Quia Game
- Meet the Greens - get kids thinking about the world and their place in it; video episodes on Ecology : from WGBH Educational Foundation and PBS
- What's Your Footprint? - A carbon Calculator that measures how your footprint impacts the Earth.
- Einstein: Way to Go Einstein! - from the American Museum of Natural History - they have an index to seven other elementary science pages
- Experiments - Explore the fun and excitement of science and technology with these activities! Some of them are to do at home with various ordinary materials, others are interactive online activities.
- from the American Museum of Natural History - an index to seven elementary science pages
- Great Web Sites for Kids - their links are grade level rated (posted by the American Library Association)
- Chemistry & Physics
- General Science
- Science Experiments
- Zoos & Aquariums
- Hands-On Activities - from the Exploratorium
- Human Skeleton - identify the bones marked by number
- Interactive Body - drag parts to the right place; organs, muscles, skeleton, nervous system
- Interactive Science Lessons from the BBC - living things, materials, and physical processes
- Interactive Science Study Activities - grades 3,4,5,8 and end of course quiz.
- Land O' Dinosaurs - Learn a bit about the dinosaur from BillyBear4Kids
- Light - a Quia quiz
- Light and Sound Matching game - a Quia quiz
- The Magic of Matter - a WebQuest for elementary students
- Mass vs. Volume - a CLOZE activity
- Materials: Changing State - experiment with ice and water
- Materials: Changing State Quiz
- Matter - a Quia quiz
- Matter and Mass - list of links
- Matter match - a Quia index of four types of activities
- Matter is the Stuff Around You - from Chem4Kids
- Matter is the Stuff Around You Quiz
- Microscope - drag the names of parts of a microscope to the correct spot
- Mini-Lessons Elementary Science (K-5) text lesson plans, no illustrations
- Neuroscience for Kids - created for all students and teachers who would like to learn about the nervous system
- Odyssey - a science magazine for young readers, ages 10-16 with the latest news in science
- One Inch Square project - Choose something interesting and look at it closely. Take your time, this is not a race
- Packing for the Park - Students group various objects using their physical characteristics.
- Paleontology: the Big Dig - from the American Museum of Natural History
- The Phantom's Portrait Parlor - Learn about the principles of atoms and matter.
- Reeko's Mad Scientist Lab - experiments sorted by category
- Recycling: What Can Be Recycled? - a complete 2019 recycling guide
- Recycleroom - Learn about ecology and recycling with Roscoe.
- What Can Be Recycled? - a list of 200+ items and suggestions
- What Can Be Composted? - 40+ items to compost or avoid
- Ultimate Guide to Recycling in Your Home - the dos and don’ts of recycling, how to decode recycling symbols, the process your used products go through and how to set up a home recycling system including printable labels to separate your glass, plastic, paper and metals
- Science4Fun - a place for kids to learn science in a fun way; with a wide variety of interesting science topics that are full of articles, and easy to do science experiments
- Science Clips - PreK-6th grade [ages 4-11] - many topics, clips have teacher resources to go along with the video, quizzes to go along with video also.
- Science Glossary - grade specific terms, an image illustrating the term, and correct pronunciation of the term
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade
- Fourth Grade
- Fifth Grade
- Sixth Grade
- Science Toys - Make toys at home with common household materials, often in only a few minutes, that demonstrate fascinating scientific principles.
- Scientific Method - a Quia quiz
- Scientific Method: Ordering - a Quia quiz
- Sink and Float - [for ages 5-7] Digger and the Gang ask you to decide which items will float or sink
- Sink or Float - a lesson plan for grades 4-6
- Sink or Float: The Weight of Water and You - a lesson plan for grades 4-6 from Science Fair Central
- Solid Liquid and Gas - from BBC
- States of Matter game from Harcourt Schools Publishers
- States of Matter Millionaire Game from Quia
- Those Genes - Students are introduced to genetic inheritance.
- What is Matter? - designed for 4th grade physical science
- What's the Matter - a WebQuest for middle school
- More science links can be found by going to the Science Index page of Internet4Classrooms.
- Third Grade Review Quizzes | Random Review #1 | Random Review #2 | Random Review #3 | Random Review #4 | Random Review #5 | Random Review #6 | Random Review #7 | Random Review #8 | Random Review #9 | Energy Review | Energy Review
- Review Quizzes - Grade Level Not Indicated - Plant and Animal Classification | Caterpillars and Butterflies | Food Chain | Insects and Spiders | Animal Classification | | Landforms | Landforms and Natural Resources of the U.S. | Tree Life Cycle
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.