How do you learn best?
Links verified 1/17/2018
Help your child discover the best individual homework strategies for him/her with these interactive exercises.
- Achieve Assignment Goals - Try this exercise first to learn the best way to achieve assignment goals.
- Good Study Habits - Take this quiz to learn effective habits for effective study.
- Become a Master Test Taker - Fill out this exercise to help you establish good habits for taking tests.
Helping your child with Homework
- Concentrating while Studying - Strategies for keeping your focus to the task at hand.
- Helping Your Child With Homework - A US Department of Education Article
- Helping Your Child With Homework - For Parents of Elementary and Junior High School-Aged Children [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Homework Chart - For young children, a printable homework chart for kids.
- Link4Learning - A blog produced by a teacher (Penny Ryder) with video guidance on homework help for students.
- Helping Students Get the Most out of Homework - Suggestions from the NEA [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.
- 106 Ways Parents Can Help Students Achieve - An Article from Education World
- Helping Your Child Be Successful in School - Suggestions from the Peel School District in Ontario, Canada
- Helping your Child Series - Pamphlets from the US Department of Education - Office of Educational Research and Improvement. The Helping Your Child publication series aims to provide parents with the tools and information necessary to help their children succeed in school and life. These booklets feature practical lessons and activities to help their school aged and preschool children master reading, understand the value of homework and develop the skills necessary to achieve.
- Managing homework - Helpful tips, suggestions, guidelines, and interventions on how to make the homework struggle a more stress-free and productive experience. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- School Resources - Homework help, skill-building tips in every school subject, educational printables and worksheets, plus advice on report cards and talking with the teacher.
- Social Studies Homework Help - ideas on how to assist children with social studies homework [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Studying Methods - Strategies for learning how well you know the material and learning to think about it, rather than just look over it.
- Test Taking Help - Studying, learning and reviewing material before a test.