Interactive Secondary Math Sites
Links verified on 8/13/2014
- Abacus - Step by step instructions including images and an interactive abacus
- Chinese Abacus - Type a number, select "Add" or "Subtract", and then click on "Show Steps". The abacus will then show you step by step the movements necessary to perform the addition or subtraction.
- Coin Flipping page - flip up to 100 coins and see the total number of heads and tails.
- Convert Auto - convert just about anything automatically
- Equation Match - Find matching pairs of equations by working out the value of X in each equation.
- Factorial Calculator - enter the number you wish to find the factorial of
- How Old Are You? - use this calculator to see how many years, months, days, minutes or seconds you are old.
- Interactive Abacus Simulator - This click-able abacus includes instructions on using
- Learn the Abacus - interactive module designed to help you learn how to use an abacus [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Prime Numbers - This site has a prime number generator and a prime number checker.
- Roman Numeral Calculator - Whether yov're bvilding a road, designing an aqvadvct, or covnting yovr gladiators, Compvter Romanvs will make the job easier.
- Russian Abacus - This version was designed for counting Russian money.
- Sloane's On-line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences - To look up a number sequence in the database, enter it at this site and click "Submit":
- Standard Abacus - several versions and sizes are available for this interactive abacus